Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Syndrome & Symptoms Sunday

                                                                         Image Credit
 I would like to invite everyone to join in on  discussing the different symptoms of Asperger Syndrome. The reason I have chosen to focus on the high functioning side of the Autism spectrum is because the  symptoms that it embodies lie deep below the surface, unlike other disorders on the spectrum, which are distinctly evident as the image here displays.

Each month  a topic will be discussed such as the causes and risk factors, signs and symptoms, treatment, and prognosis. To further engage on the topic, I invite my readers to bring forth information on current events in regards to the subject matter. Themes may include anything from which types of jobs a person with Aspberger Syndrome can be successful in to whether or not the disorder should disappear from the DSM.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome idea on sharing information about Aspbergers. Did you know that there is a greenhouse prototype at Hannah and Friends that's intent is on hiring and creating jobs for people with Autism? It is a fascinating program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information. But I would like more. I feel that your posts get me hook, but keep me waiting for more information. I would describe what the DSM is, and what the problem is with Aspberger Syndrome being removed from the DSM, or if there is a problem. Maybe your own reflections explained in the post on the matter. I understand that this is your first "theme" post, but I feel that all you did is explain what each weekly post will consist of, but not actually post anything of theme for this week. More information, less acronyms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your posts. I have been hearing more information on the new about this topic. Do you think that it is because it is being diagnosed more or is it that people are becoming more aware of it and trying to get information out?

    ReplyDelete